Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get tickets at the gate on the day of the show?
Online sales will end at 6 AM on Aug 12
Prices at the gate will be the same & group discounts will still be available
VIP Admissions are limited and may not be available at the gate
Is the area handicap accessible?
Is the general admission all lawn seating?
- Yes, bring a chair or blanket
Will you have tents available?
- Yes, in the tents there will be misting cooling fans, chairs and shade.
- If you’re still nervous about the heat, come out a little later
We go on ’til at least 10:00
- Yes, Small umbrellas and beach shades are permitted, as long as they are kept low and not blocking anyone’s view.
Larger tents and canopies are only permitted along the back fence, while there’s room (12′). First come, first served.
- #MuSic4MS is rain or shine
We have several tents within the fenced area so we can provide some cover if it rains, however, lightning shuts everything down outdoors. The police determine if we can restart.
Where do I park?
- Parking is right on the festival grounds
Parking is FREE!
Can I take an Uber / Lyft / zTrip to the Festival or otherwise be dropped off and picked up?
- Yes. Responsible non-driving is encouraged! The Allegheny County Police have designated the parking lot near the intersection of Middle Road and Woodland Road next to Central Elementary School as the location for all ride-sharing drop-offs and pick-ups. Please tell your your driver, and do not pull into the main entrance. There will be signs along Middle Road identifying the location of the ride-sharing lot.
I have purchased the 2, 4, 6 or 10 pack of tickets.
How do I distribute them? Can I change the names on the tickets? Can I just give them to someone else? What about the photo ID required?
- When you purchased your tickets you received an email with a link to your multi-pack e-ticket for use in you and your group’s entrance to the festival. The multi-pack e-ticket is a single ticket that will permit all your individual group members (up to the number on your package) to gain admission to the festival. You will not need to distribute physical tickets to your group members prior to attending the festival. Simply have each of your group members provide your name (the ticket purchaser) to the dedicated multi-pack admission attendant at the general admission gate and they will be admitted to the Festival.
- Photo ID is not required for redeeming tickets, but Photo ID is required for anyone to purchase alcohol
- If you need to change the primary ticket purchaser name or email, please contact us
What amenities, food and drink will be provided in the Private VIP tent?
- Admission, festival tee shirts, soft drinks, chairs, shade
- Great food
- Soft Drinks
- Free 12▽ general admission does NOT include VIP admission
What are festival times?
- Gates open at 3:00 PM, music starts around 3:30 and ends around 10:00
Is there a schedule of when the different bands are playing?
- Yes, it’s here
Are we permitted to bring coolers into the festival?
There is a $20 per cooler donation requested. See our Food and Drink Page
- Sorry, no
As this event involves amplified music, dancing and children within a constrained fenced-in area, no animals will be admitted to the Festival premises with the exception of properly designated and restrained service animals and restrained prescribed companion animals accompanying participants with disabilities.
All service and companion animals must be checked in through the main entrance to the Festival with proof of service status or proof of prescribed companion status. Each admitted animal’s human companion will be asked to wear a stick-on credential signaling the animal’s status to Festival staff and attendees. All admitted animals must stay with their designated human at all times while within the Festival premises.
All service and companion animals must be restrained/leashed and controlled by their designated human companions while within the fenced-in Festival premises. Free-roaming, uncontrolled and/or aggressive animals and their humans will be asked to leave the Festival premises.
For sanitary and safety purposes, animals must not be permitted to relieve themselves within the fenced-in Festival premises. There is plenty of space elsewhere with the Hartwood Acres complex for animals to do their business, including the nearby dog park located behind the Festival stage.
If you have any questions about the Festival’s animal policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get to Hartwood Acres?
Where can we stay near Hartwood Acres?
- There are many places.
- The closest hotel is about 5 miles, See all Hotels
- Bed and Breakfasts near
- Fairfield Inn & Suites at McCandless Crossing is the official hotel of Music For MS 2017. The hotel is located just 6.5 miles from Hartwood Acres. A limited number of discount-price rooms are being held for attendees of the Festival. To secure rooms for yourself or your out-of-town guests, call 1-800-321-2211 and ask for the Music For MS rate. Rooms must be booked by July 12, 2017..
- Yes! But please understand that this is a day festival, not a camping festival.
We can accommodate large vehicles, subject to the following guidelines:
- Public parking gates do not open until 2:30, the admission entrance to the Festival grounds opens at 3, music will begin @ 3:30.
- You must park your vehicle where directed by our parking staff, in the designated RV area. Please understand that this area will not be as convenient to the admission entrance to the Festival as the area we will be using to park “regular” sized vehicles.
- All occupants of your vehicle must have (or purchase) tickets to the Festival.
- Hartwood is a County Park. The Allegheny County Police will be onsite, and they may not allow tailgating in the parking area.
- All laws pertaining to beverage alcohol apply in the parking area, including open container laws and age restrictions. Ditto for open flame and burning laws, so please don’t build any fires or use a grill. Food and beverages will be available for purchase inside the licensed Festival grounds, including beer and wine. Please support our fundraising for MS by supporting the Festival’s food and beverage vendors, or by making a $20 cooler donation at the admissions entrance. Please read the Food and Drink Page.
- The parking lot will be cleared by the Allegheny County Police when the Festival ends. There is no overnight parking.
- Please do not leave any trash in the parking area.
Your question not here? Just ask